Monday, June 22, 2015

Spring/Summer Brunch

I am late in posting this, but I hosted a mother's day brunch. I still think it's a fun inspiration for a spring or summer brunch. I like hosting brunches for large groups since it is a bit most cost effective than lunch or dinner, also my guests tend to not miss the meat (I'm pescaterian) as much, so I can get away with only preparing a vegetarian meal. We kept things simple, we made a veggie egg bake and a french toast bake which are easy to throw together and feed a crowd. I also set up a yogurt bar, a bloody mar bar, and a mimosa bar. I have to say the bloody mary bar was a huge hit, my husband is hooked on them and begs me to make them every weekend (we love to bring a pitcher down to the pool and share with our neighbors).

Here are some pics of the party. I can't believe everyone fit in our small apartment, but we did the best we could with the space and it worked out well. Since it was a crowd we opted for paper plates (Target has the cutest stuff!) and found reusable plastic forks in a funky and fun green at Publix.

Left out some extra hot sauce and tons of "toppings"




Served this mango-organge juice for the mimosas as well as regular orange juice, we ran out of the mango fast!




The flowers doubled as a centerpiece and a gift, each of the moms took home one of the vases

How great are these green mason jars? I'm jealous I didn't get to keep any for myself. I had an extra but my sister took it her boyfriend's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment