Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Balcony Update

One day my husband and I would love to have an amazing garden, but right now we are just working with a very small outdoor space. I decided to take our sad outdoor space and spruce it up over Memorial Day Weekend.

This is what it looked like before, a very overgrown succulent garden in one corner, and 2 chairs, and a small table in the other. I don't think it was terrible, but it could use some sprucing up. The azalea was added during the redesign, so it didn't even have that yet.



We started with adding an herb garden:


The photo on the right is from the first day we planted the herbs: cilantro, Italian flat leaf parsley, dill, mint, and basil. The second photo is from this week, so a little over a month later. The basil fried pretty quickly so we had to get rid of it. The cilantro is flowering and seeding right now, after a few brushes with death. The other three are growing great! We get morning sun so it's a good amount for all these plants.

Since they were overgrowing and their roots were coming out all over the place, I replanted the succulents, which was actually really easy, and fun because I could do my own design. All you do is cut a few inches of root with the plant and place in to new soil. These are doing really well too! Also, how cute is this planter that can hang over the balcony?



Last was sprucing up the seating area. We now enjoy coming out here in the evenings to sit after I water the plants.





No comments:

Post a Comment