Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Quaint Travel: St. Augustine, FL

Although this blog is primarily focused on homemaking hobbies - floral design, entertaining, cooking, etc. I also wanted to add a series on Quaint Vacations. My husband and I love going to places where we can just walk around, browse cute shops, stay in old Bed and Breakfasts, and eat good food - so much that we even planned our honeymoon in same fashion. It all started 2 years ago when we visited St. Augustine, FL for a wedding. We haven't gone back yet, but we can't wait.

The Cedar House Inn is the best Bed and Breakfast I have ever stayed in. I know St. Augustine is full of other Bed and Breakfasts, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to try another one in town since we loved the Cedar House Inn so much!






The breakfast was incredible, and they accommodated my dietary needs.
Beyond the breakfast, they also have wine, port, and cookies out every night. The cookies are to die for and oftentimes they were still warm!!!


There are so many things to do in town, we only scratched the surface during our short weekend there (with a wedding to attend too!) but we mostly enjoyed just walking around. We visited the winery in town, but Florida wine is very sweet for our tastes. We did like the port and enjoy a bottle at home here and there when we come across a bottle.The fort is a must see too, I thought it would be boring but we actually had a great time there!












No comments:

Post a Comment