Thursday, November 5, 2015

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte

I used to love pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, but these days I try to only drink coffee from our french press and stay far away from sugar so I can't indulge. Thankfully there is a healthier and organic way to enjoy my pumpkin spice lattes at home, and they don't even take too much work.


Ingredients: 
1 cup prepared coffee
1 cup milk
1tablespoon canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (+ more for topping)
sweetener of choice to taste (I add agave)
(optional) whipped cream to top


Directions:
1. Heat milk and pumpkin in saucepan until warm/steaming
2. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until frothy
3. Divide coffee into 2 cups then pour milk mixture over each
4. Sweeten to taste, top with whipped cream (homemade if possible!) and additional pumpkin pie spice


No comments:

Post a Comment